Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 18 minutes | Serves 2 to 4
¼ cup lime juice (2 limes), plus lime wedges for serving
Salt and pepper, to taste
1½ cups ½-inch pineapple pieces
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon ground coriander
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 (8-ounce / 227 -g) skin-on salmon fillets, 1½ inches thick
1 avocado, halved and pitted
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
6 to 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- Set the temperature of the air fryer oven to 400ºF (204ºC). Press Start to begin
- Toss coleslaw mix with 3 tablespoons lime juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛
teaspoon pepper in bowl; set aside.
- Toss pineapple with 1 teaspoon oil in separate bowl and transfer to air fryer oven
perforated pan. Air fry until pineapple is browned at edges, 12 to 16 minutes,
tossing halfway through cooking. Transfer to now-empty bowl and set aside; let
air fryer oven perforated pan cool slightly.
- Make foil sling for air fryer oven perforated pan by folding 1 long sheet of
aluminum foil so it is 4 inches wide. Lay sheet of foil widthwise across
perforated pan, pressing foil into and up sides of perforated pan. Fold excess foil
as needed so that edges of foil are flush with top of perforated pan. Lightly spray
foil and perforated pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Combine paprika, coriander, cayenne, ⅛ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper in
a small bowl. Pat salmon dry with paper towels, rub with remaining 1 teaspoon
oil, and sprinkle tops and sides of fillets with spice mixture. Arrange fillets skin
side down on sling in prepared perforated pan, spaced evenly apart. Return
perforated pan to air fryer oven and air fry the salmon until center is still
translucent when checked with tip of paring knife and registers 125ºF (52ºC) (for
medium-rare), 6 to 10 minutes, using sling to rotate fillets halfway through
- Meanwhile, using fork, mash avocado with remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice in
a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drain coleslaw mixture and
return to now-empty bowl. Stir in pineapple and cilantro.
- Using the sling, carefully remove salmon from air fryer oven. Slide fish spatula
along underside of fillets and transfer to plate, leaving skin behind. Using 2 forks,
flake salmon into rough 1-inch pieces. Serve on tortillas with slaw and mashed
avocado, passing lime wedges separately.