Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 12 to 16 minutes | Serves 4
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine or dry sherry
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
¼ teaspoon minced ginger
4 (6-ounce / 170-g) salmon fillets, skin-on
½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, toasted sesame oil,
garlic, and ginger.
- Place the salmon in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over the fillets.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning the fillets occasionally to coat in
- Set the temperature of the air fryer oven to 370ºF (188ºC). Press Start to begin
preheating. Spray the air fryer oven perforated pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Shake off as much marinade as possible and place the fillets, skin side down, in
the air fryer perforated pan in a single layer. Reserve the marinade. You may
need to cook them in batches.
- Air fry for 8 to 10 minutes. Brush the tops of the salmon fillets with the reserved
marinade and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Increase the temperature to 400ºF (204ºC) and air fry for 2 to 5 more minutes for
medium, 1 to 3 minutes for medium rare, or 4 to 6 minutes for well done.
- Serve warm.