Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 8 to 11 minutes | Makes 16 arancini
2 cups cooked rice, cooled
2 eggs, beaten
1½ cups panko bread crumbs, divided
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
16¾-inch cubes Mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Set the temperature of the air fryer oven to 400ºF (204ºC). Press Start to begin
- In a medium bowl, combine the rice, eggs, ½ cup of the bread crumbs, Parmesan
cheese, and basil. Form this mixture into 16 1½-inch balls.
- Poke a hole in each of the balls with the finger and insert a Mozzarella cube.
Form the rice mixture firmly around the cheese.
- On a shallow plate, combine the remaining 1 cup of the bread crumbs with the
olive oil and mix well. Roll the rice balls in the bread crumbs to coat.
- Air fry the arancini in batches for 8 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.