Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 6 to 8 minutes | Serves 4
4 medium green tomatoes
¹⁄ ₃ cup all purpose flour
2 egg whites
¼ cup almond milk
1 cup ground almonds
½ cup panko bread crumbs
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 clove garlic, minced
- Set the temperature of the air fryer oven to 400ºF (204ºC). Press Start to begin
- Rinse the tomatoes and pat dry. Cut the tomatoes into ½-inch slices, discarding
the thinner ends.
- Put the flour on a plate. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg whites with the almond
milk until frothy. And on another plate, combine the almonds, bread crumbs,
olive oil, paprika, and garlic and mix well.
- Dip the tomato slices into the flour, then into the egg white mixture, then into the
almond mixture to coat.
- Place four of the coated tomato slices in the air fryer oven perforated pan. Air fry
for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the tomato coating is crisp and golden brown. Repeat
with remaining tomato slices and serve immediately.